Why choose My Car Import to transport your car from Europe to the UK?
We understand that it can be a logistical challenge to get your car to the United Kingdom, and also from the United Kingdom to Europe.
Choosing a company that you know will get your car to its destination and is capable of handling all of the requirements is tricky, but we have been transporting cars for a long time.
As a car import company we have assisted with the logistics required to move thousands of cars. So we understand the entire process, and we aren't a small one man band.
We have invested heavily in using enclosed where possible for moving cars. We have also invested recently in a multi car transporter that is completely enclosed, which actually means we can't move as many cars, but they are more secure than an open multi-car transporter.
During the process of getting your car from Europe to the United Kingdom we are here to help with the entire process. And should the worse happen, you are covered with insurance. Your car is our responsibility and we will take care of it during its transportation.
Experts in working with cars
From supercars to supermini's we have worked with them all. Thus we understand the differences between moving a classic car and the patience required to safely load a supercar. Whatever your car we are here to help.
Fast turn around
With regular imports to the United Kingdom we are constantly transporting cars so we can provide you with a cost effective solution for getting your car to the United Kingdom, or from the United Kingdom to Europe. This also means we can often get your car transported swiftly.
Frequently asked questions
Enclosed transport and unenclosed transport refer to the type of car used to transport a car.
Enclosed transport refers to the use of a covered trailer or container to transport a car. These cars are typically large, tractor-trailers that are fully enclosed and climate-controlled. Cars are loaded into the trailer and remain inside during transit. This type of transport is more expensive than open transport but it provides more protection for the car. It is ideal for high-end luxury or classic cars that need extra protection from the elements, debris, and road salts.
Unenclosed transport, also known as open transport, refers to the use of an open trailer or flatbed truck to transport a car. Cars are loaded onto the trailer and are exposed to the elements during transit. This type of transport is less expensive than enclosed transport and is the most common method of transporting cars. However, cars that are transported in this way are exposed to the elements and potential road hazards, which can cause damage. This is why it is not recommended for luxury or classic cars.
In summary, Enclosed transport is more expensive but provides better protection for cars, while open transport is less expensive but offers less protection.
Some of the countries that we regularly collect cars from within Europe are:
The duration of transporting cars using road freight from Europe to the United Kingdom can vary significantly based on various factors. Here are some factors that can influence the time it takes for road freight transportation and some rough estimates for different distances:
- Distance: The distance between the origin and destination plays a major role in determining the duration of road freight transportation. The longer the distance, the more time it generally takes.
- Route and Roads: The specific route taken and the quality of roads can affect travel time. Highways and well-maintained roads can allow for faster travel, while more challenging terrain or road conditions can slow down the journey.
- Border Controls and Customs: Depending on the departure and arrival countries, border controls, customs procedures, and potential delays at border crossings can impact the overall transit time.
- Traffic and Delays: Traffic congestion, road closures, accidents, and other unforeseen delays can add time to the journey.
- Transporter’s Schedule: The schedule and availability of the transport company or carrier you choose can influence the time it takes for the transportation to be arranged and completed.
- Loading and Unloading: The time required for loading the cars onto the transport car and unloading them at the destination can contribute to the overall duration.
- Type of Transport: The type of road transport used, such as individual car transporters, multi-car carriers, or other types of freight cars, can affect travel time.
- Documentation: The time required for administrative tasks, such as documentation checks at borders, can impact transit time.
Rough Estimates for Travel Time:
- Short Distances (e.g., France to the UK): For relatively short distances, such as from France to the UK, road freight transportation might take around 1 to 2 days, accounting for border controls and customs procedures.
- Medium Distances (e.g., Germany to the UK): Medium distances, such as from Germany to the UK, might take around 2 to 3 days, depending on the route, border crossings, and other factors.
- Long Distances (e.g., Spain to the UK): For longer distances, such as from Spain to the UK, travel time might extend to around 4 to 5 days or more, taking into consideration the factors mentioned above.
These estimates are general and can vary based on the factors specific to each transport arrangement. It’s advisable to obtain a full quote with time frames on by filling out our quote form.
Do you need your car shipped to the United Kingdom?
We can help with any logistical requirements for getting your car to the United Kingdom. If you want to ship you car, we can help.