Are you thinking about shipping your car to the United Kingdom from Bahrain?
We can help with the entire process of getting your car here. The entire process is managed on your behalf, including the transport to the port in the foreign country and then the onwards customs clearance.
If your car requires collection in Bahrain then we can also take care of that. We ship hundreds of cars each month to the United Kingdom and use three ports that are the best located for containers arriving in the United Kingdom from across the globe.
We also have the facilities to Devan containers at our premises which means that your car is usually unloaded at our facilities straight out of the container.
What’s more? We can also assist with the entire process of registering your car once it arrives.
For more information on shipping your car from Bahrain to the United Kingdom don’t hesitate to fill in a quote form. By doing so you give us all the information that we require to give you an accurate assumption of what it will cost to get your car here and register it for you.
Every car is different, and answering questions like “How much does it cost to ship a car from Bahrain to the United Kingdom” is best left to a quotation as this means you are getting the best price as we quote prices based on the best deal we can get for you.
If you want to find out more about the process of shipping your car we have a very detailed guide here.
How long does it take to ship a car from Bahrain to the United Kingdom?
The duration of shipping a car from Bahrain to the United Kingdom can vary based on several factors, including the shipping method, the specific route taken by the shipping vessel, weather conditions, and customs processing times. Here are some approximate timeframes for different shipping methods:
- Container Shipping: Container shipping involves placing the car in a shipping container for added protection. This method can take around 4 to 6 weeks on average, but it can vary based on factors such as port availability, shipping company schedules, and the specific shipping route taken.
- Roll-on/Roll-off (RoRo) Shipping: RoRo shipping involves driving the car onto a specialized vessel designed for transporting cars. This method is generally faster and can take around 2 to 4 weeks on average, depending on factors like shipping schedules and port operations.
- Transit Time: The actual transit time on the water is influenced by factors like weather conditions, sea currents, and any scheduled stops or layovers the vessel might have along the way.
- Customs Clearance: Once the car arrives in the United Kingdom, it will need to go through customs clearance, which can add a few days to the overall shipping process. The time needed for customs clearance can vary based on the efficiency of the customs authorities.
- Transport to Final Destination: After customs clearance, the car will need to be transported from the port to its final destination within the UK. The time required for this step can also vary depending on factors such as distance and transportation arrangements.
Keep in mind that these timeframes are approximate and can be influenced by various factors beyond your control. It’s advisable to work closely with the shipping company and stay informed about the progress of your shipment. Additionally, regulations and processing times can change, so make sure to have the latest information before proceeding with the shipping process.
What is the closest port to Bahrain
Bahrain is located in the Persian Gulf and has several nearby ports that serve as significant points of entry and exit for maritime trade and transportation. Here are some of the major ports near Bahrain:
- Khalifa Bin Salman Port (KBSP), Bahrain: This is Bahrain’s main commercial port located on the northeastern coast of the island. It’s a key hub for cargo handling, container shipping, and general maritime activities.
- Mina Salman Port, Bahrain: Situated near the capital city, Manama, this port serves as a primary gateway for both commercial and naval vessels. It handles cargo and passenger traffic.
- Mina Khalifa, Bahrain: Located south of the KBSP, Mina Khalifa primarily focuses on industrial cargo and bulk handling.
- King Fahd Industrial Port (KFIP), Saudi Arabia: This port is located in the nearby city of Jubail in Saudi Arabia. It’s a major industrial and commercial port, serving as an essential trade hub in the region.
- Jubail Commercial Port, Saudi Arabia: Also located in Jubail, this port focuses on handling general cargo and container shipments.
- King Abdulaziz Port (Dammam Port), Saudi Arabia: Situated in Dammam, Saudi Arabia, this is one of the largest and busiest ports in the region. It handles various types of cargo, including containers and bulk shipments.
- Hamad Port, Qatar: Although not as close as the Saudi Arabian ports, Hamad Port in Qatar is another significant port in the region. It handles various types of cargo and serves as a key trade gateway for Qatar.
When shipping a car or goods from Bahrain to other destinations, you would typically use these nearby ports for transportation. The choice of port depends on factors like shipping routes, available services, and your preferences. Working with a shipping company or logistics provider can help you determine the most suitable port and route for your needs.