Storing an imported campervan in the United Kingdom can be done through various options, depending on your needs, budget, and location. Here are some common storage solutions for imported campervans:
- Self-Storage Facilities: Many self-storage facilities offer indoor and outdoor storage options for cars, including campervans. These facilities provide secure and monitored spaces where you can store your campervan when it’s not in use.
- Caravan and Motorhome Storage Yards: Some specialized storage yards are designed specifically for caravans, motorhomes, and campervans. These yards often provide dedicated spaces with amenities like security, access control, and facilities for washing and maintenance.
- Private Property: If you have sufficient space on your own property, you might be able to store your campervan there. Check local regulations and any homeowners’ association rules before opting for this option.
- Farm or Rural Land: Depending on your location, you might be able to rent a space on a farm or rural land for campervan storage. Make sure the area is secure and suitable for long-term storage.
- Camper Van Clubs: Some camper van clubs and communities offer storage options for members. This can also provide you with a chance to connect with fellow enthusiasts and share tips and experiences.
- Marinas and Boatyards: If your campervan is compact enough, you might find storage options at marinas and boatyards that offer storage for boats and smaller recreational cars.
- Commercial Storage Facilities: Some businesses offer commercial storage solutions for cars, including campervans. Research local options to find facilities that cater to larger cars.
- Outdoor Parking Spaces: Depending on local regulations and space availability, you might be able to rent an outdoor parking space specifically designated for larger cars like campervans.
Before choosing a storage solution, consider the following factors:
- Security: Look for secure facilities with surveillance, access control, and reliable locks to protect your investment.
- Access: Choose a storage solution that offers convenient access when you need it.
- Amenities: Some facilities offer amenities like electricity, water, and maintenance services.
- Location: Choose a storage option that is convenient for you, considering factors like distance from your home or travel routes.
- Cost: Compare the costs of different storage options and consider your budget.
When selecting a storage solution, make sure to visit the facility in person, ask questions, and read any contracts or agreements thoroughly. Additionally, inquire about any specific requirements for storing imported cars to ensure your campervan remains safe and well-maintained while not in use.