Once your car has arrived in the United Kingdom and cleared customs and is delivered to our premises we modify the car
The car is modified and tested by ourselves for compliance in the United Kingdom.
After which all relevant testing is undertaken onsite at our privately owned IVA testing lane.
- We modify your car at our premises
- We test your car at our premises
- We take care of the entire process
Moving back to the United Kingdom?
A large number of individuals decide to bring their cars back from Canada taking advantage of the tax-free incentives offered when relocating.
We can assist in taking care of the car whilst you are in the process of moving. If you have chosen to ship your personal belongings along with your car in the same container we are also on hand to collect the car on your behalf.
Frequently asked questions
Our shipping agents will instruct you on what to do when you go ahead with your quotation. The export process varies from country to country but the short answer is yes, we can help.
The export process is relatively simply in most countries but it can seem confusing at a first glance.
We’ll collect your car from anywhere in Canada and then get it to the port for you. It will be insured during the process and once on a vessel, it is covered by marine insurance.
In the United Kingdom, we can also move the car around through a network of trusted car transporters.
This depends on the time of year, and the current market conditions. We will always try to source you the best price for shipping your car to the United Kingdom.
Generally speaking, it is more than shipping from say, the East Coast due to the further distance.
When shipping a car from Canada to the UK, the duration can vary depending on several factors, including the shipping method and logistical arrangements. As a general guideline, the shipping time for a car from Canada to the UK can range from approximately 2 to 6 weeks.
Here are some factors that can influence the shipping duration:
What shipping method is used for the cars. There are two ways to ship a car, and they are container shipping and roll-on/roll-off (RoRo) shipping. Container shipping involves placing the car in a container for transportation, while RoRo shipping involves driving the car onto a specialized vessel. RoRo shipping is generally faster than container shipping. However, container shipping is often considered safer for car transportation. It does also have the advantage that we will unload your car at our premises as we Devan cars onsite.
The specific route taken by the shipping vessel and the distance between the Canadian port of departure and the UK port of arrival can impact the overall shipping time. The most common route for shipping cars from Canada to the UK involves crossing the Atlantic Ocean and it will often go through the panama canal. That can add additional time to the overall journey of the vessel.
The Panama Canal is a man-made waterway located in Panama, Central America. It connects the Atlantic Ocean to the Pacific Ocean, providing a shortcut for ships traveling between the two major bodies of water. The canal stretches across the Isthmus of Panama, which is the narrow strip of land that separates North and South America.
You also have to factor in time for customs clearance at both the Canadian port of departure and the UK port of arrival. Ensuring that all necessary documentation and customs requirements are fulfilled accurately can help avoid delays.
Lastly, there is the actual availability of vessels. As each consignment has to be paired to a container with other cars it can add more time to the shipping process.
It’s important to note that the provided time frame is an estimate and can vary based on specific circumstances.
As most of the cars from Canada to fall into the US car spec they’ll most likely have the usual things like red indicators.
We offer a one of a kind service to modify your car so that it is compliant.
All of the aspects of lighting are taken care of on your behalf so that it is legal and ready to drive.
If your fresh Canadian import needs a little work, don’t worry. We have a full team of mechanics on site ready to help with a wide range of services.
Aside from lighting conversions we regularly do full car rebuilds and general maintenance.
The benefit of this being under one roof is a great price, and an all inclusive service.
Our experts in American cars understand that they are always going to be slightly different to anything else and we know exactly what we are doing.
Over the years we have helped many customers from Canada to import a range of classics and understand they might require restoration on arrival in the United Kingdom or they simply need onwards delivery to you.
Whatever you are importing we can assist with the entire process.
Importing cars from Canada to other countries, including the United Kingdom, can offer a range of options from various manufacturers. Canada has a diverse automotive market, and there are several popular car models that enthusiasts often consider importing. Here are some examples of popular cars that you might consider importing from Canada:
- Ford Mustang: The Ford Mustang is an iconic American muscle car that has a strong following worldwide. Importing a Mustang from Canada can provide enthusiasts with a range of model years and trim levels.
- Chevrolet Camaro: Similar to the Mustang, the Chevrolet Camaro is another classic American muscle car that is often imported from Canada. It’s known for its powerful engines and dynamic performance.
- Dodge Challenger: The Dodge Challenger is a modern muscle car with retro styling and powerful V8 engines. It’s a popular choice among enthusiasts who value both performance and nostalgia.
- Toyota Tacoma: The Toyota Tacoma is a midsize pickup truck that’s highly regarded for its durability and off-road capabilities. Importing a Tacoma from Canada can offer access to a reliable truck with rugged features.
- Honda Civic Type R: The Honda Civic Type R is a high-performance variant of the popular Civic compact car. It’s known for its sporty design and dynamic driving experience.
- Subaru WRX/STI: The Subaru WRX and WRX STI are performance-oriented compact cars with all-wheel drive. They’re popular among enthusiasts who appreciate rally-inspired performance.
- Mazda MX-5 Miata: The Mazda MX-5 Miata is a lightweight and agile sports car that offers a spirited driving experience. It’s a popular choice for those seeking a convertible sports car.
- Volkswagen Golf R: The Volkswagen Golf R is a high-performance version of the Golf hatchback known for its turbocharged engine and all-wheel drive.
- Jeep Wrangler: The Jeep Wrangler is a rugged off-road SUV that’s well-suited for various terrains. Importing a Wrangler from Canada can provide access to a versatile and capable car.
- Nissan 370Z: The Nissan 370Z is a sports car that offers a blend of performance and style. It’s known for its powerful V6 engine and dynamic handling.
When importing cars from Canada, it’s important to research the specific model’s availability, condition, maintenance history, and any modifications needed to comply with your country’s regulations. Additionally, working with reputable importers, conducting thorough inspections, and understanding the import process will help ensure a smooth and successful experience.
Canada has several major ports that play a crucial role in its economy and international trade. These ports facilitate the movement of goods, commodities, and products to and from various parts of the world. Here are some of the major ports in Canada:
- Port of Vancouver: Located on the west coast, the Port of Vancouver is one of the largest and busiest ports in Canada. It handles a diverse range of cargo, including containers, bulk commodities, and manufactured goods. The port has multiple terminals and is a key gateway for trade with Asia and the Pacific Rim.
- Port of Montreal: Situated on the St. Lawrence River, the Port of Montreal is a major port on the east coast of Canada. It handles containers, general cargo, and bulk goods. The port’s strategic location allows it to serve as a hub for trade with Europe and other regions.
- Port of Halifax: The Port of Halifax is another important east coast port, providing deep-water facilities for containerized and bulk cargo. Its location along the North Atlantic makes it a natural transshipment point for cargo moving between North America and Europe.
- Port of Prince Rupert: Located on the northern coast of British Columbia, the Port of Prince Rupert is a rapidly growing port that offers efficient connections to the Asia-Pacific region. It has become a significant gateway for trade with Asia, particularly for Canadian exports like lumber and minerals.
- Port of Saint John: Situated in the province of New Brunswick, the Port of Saint John is a deep-water port with facilities for bulk cargo, containers, and cruise ships. It serves as an important gateway for trade in the Atlantic region.
- Port of Hamilton: Located on Lake Ontario, the Port of Hamilton is known for its role in handling bulk commodities, including iron ore, coal, and grain. It’s a vital link in the Great Lakes-St. Lawrence Seaway system.
- Port of Quebec: Positioned along the St. Lawrence River, the Port of Quebec is a diverse port handling containers, bulk cargo, and general cargo. It has connections to both ocean shipping and the Great Lakes.
- Port of Thunder Bay: Located on Lake Superior, the Port of Thunder Bay is a key port for handling bulk commodities such as grain, coal, and other minerals. It’s an important gateway for exports from the western provinces.