Importing your motorbike into the UK can feel like a daunting thing. Most people won’t understand that a motorbike is more than a means of transportation. So the thought of shipping it away can fill you with mixed emotions.
My Car Import has a history spanning several decades importing vehicles, whether that be a Rolls Royce or a classic Harley. We provide a bespoke quotation to ensure every vehicle arrives with its owner exactly how it should be based on the safest means of transportation.
As motorbikes are considerably more delicate than a car, we’ll provide you with a shipping option where you can ship via a crate, or uncrated. Shipping a motorbike in a crate is often the safest option as its never exposed to the outside world and upon arrival in the UK, it will be moved with a fully insured courier.
After it arrives we begin the modification process to get it through the MVSA if applicable. Please note that we need to be aware of any modifications that have been made to the motorbike, as this can greatly affect the cost of getting the vehicle registered in the UK.
A few examples of things that might affect the cost of importation?
– Missing fenders (in particular the rear wheel mudguard).
– Aftermarket exhausts that have no baffles.
– A tail tidy that modifies the spacing on indicators and the angle of the number plate.
– Bar end mirrors or aftermarket mirrors.
– Indicators integrated into the rear brake unit.
– Lighting modifications (hid kits, led bulbs, brake lights, etc).
It’s a very exhaustive list of things that need to be perfect when registering a motorbike in the UK.
For a hassle-free registration of your motorbike, we’re here to ensure all modifications required are a factory finish and from a logistics perspective – we handle the entire process, so you simply need to collect the bike in the UK when it is registered.
We offer the complete vehicle import service
Customs paperwork, import duties and taxes all dealt with.
Fully insured transportation to our premises.
Essential for your car to be UK road registered.
Your vehicle delivered to where it needs to be.
Decades of experience
- Jack CharlesworthMANAGING DIRECTORAn expert in having anything from supercar to supermini imported and registered in the UKSKILL LEVEL
- Tim CharlesworthDIRECTORWith decades of car import and sales experience, there is no scenario Tim has not dealt withSKILL LEVEL
- Will SmithBUSINESS DEVELOPMENT DIRECTORWill markets the business, deals with enquiries, trade clients and drives the business into new territory.SKILL LEVEL
- Vikki WalkerOffice AdministratorVikki keeps the cogs turning in the business and manages all the administration tasks involved in the business.SKILL LEVEL
- Phil MobleyINTERNATIONAL LOGISTICS MANAGERPhil deals with clients from all around the world and helps them every step of the way.SKILL LEVEL
- Jade WilliamsonRegistration and TestingJade is an expert in vehicle testing and registration submissions in the UK.SKILL LEVEL
What our clients say