Yes, it is possible to ship a car that does not run. Many shipping companies offer services for non-running cars, although there may be some additional considerations and requirements involved. Here are some key points to keep in mind when shipping a non-running car:
- Inform the Shipping Company: When booking the shipping service, it is crucial to inform the shipping company that the car is not in running condition. This allows them to make the necessary arrangements and allocate the appropriate equipment and resources for loading, securing, and unloading the car.
- Specialized Equipment: Non-running cars may require specialized equipment for loading and unloading, such as a forklift, winch, or other towing apparatus. The shipping company should have the necessary equipment and expertise to handle non-running cars safely.
- Accessibility and Clearance: Ensure that the car is easily accessible for the shipping company’s equipment and personnel. Clear any obstacles or obstructions that may hinder the loading process.
- Additional Fees: Shipping a non-running car may incur additional fees due to the extra effort and equipment required for handling. It’s important to inquire about any potential surcharges or additional costs associated with shipping a non-running car and factor them into your budget.
- Vehicle Condition: Document the current condition of the non-running car before shipping. Take photographs and note any existing damage or issues. This documentation can serve as evidence in case of any disputes regarding the car’s condition during transport.
- Insurance Coverage: Verify that your chosen shipping company provides insurance coverage for non-running cars. Confirm the extent of coverage and any limitations or exclusions that may apply.
- Compliance with Customs Regulations: Ensure that the non-running car meets the necessary customs regulations of the destination country. Some countries may have specific requirements or restrictions for importing non-running cars.
It is important to communicate openly and honestly with the shipping company about the non-running condition of the car to ensure that the necessary arrangements are made for safe and efficient transport. By working with a reputable shipping company experienced in handling non-running cars, you can navigate the process smoothly and have your car transported to its destination, even if it is not in running condition.